GE Healthcare Fact Sheet
Our broad expertise in medical imaging and information technologies, medical diagnostics, patient monitoring systems, drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies, performance improvement and performance solutions services help our customers to deliver better care to more people around the world at a lower cost. In addition, we partner with healthcare leaders, striving to leverage the global policy change necessary to implement a successful shift to sustainable healthcare systems.GE Healthcare Regional P&Ls
- Eastern Europe/Middle East/Africa
- Latin America
Surgery provides mobile Fluoroscopic Imaging Systems to help guide minimally invasive surgical procedures
- General Surgery
- Pain Management
- Outpatient Interventional
Detection & Guidance Solutions (is a multi-billion global business with 1,700 global employees that) specializes in X-Ray technology across the entire continuum of care – from screening & diagnostics, to enabling therapy. The business includes Women’s Health, Radiography & Fluoroscopy, and Interventional systems with the purpose of touching the world with earlier answers and more hope to improve health and extend life.
MR - At GE Healthcare, our powerful magnetic resonance imaging platforms provide high-definition results and a comprehensive range of applications to address your clinical imaging needs. Always looking ahead, we continue to develop MR solutions that combine forward-thinking technology with an optimized patient experience for enhanced clinical outcomes.
Molecular Imaging & Computed Tomography is the combination of functional and anatomical imaging to better assist physicians across the entire continuum of care from diagnosis and staging of diseases to treatment planning and assessment
- CT: Provides a portfolio of systems, each designed with a specific purpose in mind, but all enabling quality patient care at low dose with greater productivity.
- PET/CT: Together with customers, delivers improved quality, access and affordability in PET/CT imaging while providing a smarter path to personalized care.
- Nuclear Medicine: Helps organizations harness the power of nuclear medicine by delivering diagnostic tools that are efficient, precise, sophisticated and with a future full of potential.
- PET Radiopharmacy: Offers a one-source, complete solution from cyclotrons to chemistry synthesizers to 3rd-party products that enables access to PET.
Ultrasound provides real-time, portable, non-invasive and non-ionizing imaging that helps extend the reach of healthcare. Its cost-effective imaging helps enable clinicians in multiple care settings to achieve fast outcomes and decisions at the point of care.
Life Care Solutions support lives with innovative solutions designed to help you save lives and optimize the care experience everywhere. When patients need critical, personal care, count on GE Healthcare for technologies, tools, and services that help you perform at your best.
- Intensive Care: Clinical excellence for high-acuity patients. Simplified workflow for high-stress environments.
- Perinatal Care: Helping clinicians and caregivers provide healing, comforting care for mothers, families and newborns.
- Perioperative Care: Relevant clinical innovations that deliver lifetime value through high-quality performance and a positive user experiences.
- Subacute Care: Smart algorithms to help enable earlier prevention and intervention.
- Cardiac Care: Solutions in synch with the pulse of cardiac care – innovative, connected, and at your fingertips.
- Care Area Continuum: Connecting clinical intelligence and patient care across the hospital.
Healthcare IT provides integrated care solutions that create actionable insight across the healthcare system and care pathway, enabling better clinical and financial outcomes.
- Enterprise imaging
- Care delivery management
- Population health management
- Financial management
Global Services helps health systems manage their operational resources to deliver high quality care, efficiently and cost effectively.
- Asset Optimization: deploying and maintaining the right mix of clinical equipment to help lower costs and enable timely care
- Workforce Optimization: empowering staff to perform at their best while controlling labor costs through scheduling, staffing, and management solutions
- Patient Flow Optimization: designing care delivery processes to help reduce wait times and operationalize quality and safety standards
Life Sciences accelerates precision medicine with tools for biotechnology R&D, biopharma manufacturing, cell therapy & regenerative medicine, diagnostic imaging, molecular & precision diagnostics.
- Research and Applied Markets-provides tools for drug research and development
- Bioprocess- provides tools for Biopharma Manufacturing
- Invitro Diagnostics - provides a wide range of pathology and genomic services to hospitals and researchers
- Life Science Services - provides laboratory-wide global strategic solutions
- Core imaging – leading edge contrast agents and tracers
Strategic Areas of FocusMake an Impact on Neurological Disorders (MIND)
Between 2010 and 2020, GE Healthcare plans to invest over $500 million in research into neurological disorders. The investment crosses all lines of GE Healthcare's global business and focuses on developing new neurology diagnostic solutions, educating consumers, and expanding research already in progress. Target areas include diagnosing post-traumatic stress disorder, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, concussion and traumatic brain injury. For decades, GE Healthcare has produced diagnostics scanners, imaging agents and software to help physicians see more clearly inside the brain and aid better patient management. In 2013, a $60 million investment with National Football League to develop new MR technology for traumatic brain injury was announced, including a $20 million Global Challenge to advance diagnosis and prognosis of mild TBI.Tackling Cancer
At GE, we envision a day when cancer is no longer a deadly disease. In September 2011, GE Healthcare launched an ambitious global campaign against cancer, committing $1 billion of its total R&D budget over the next five years to expand its advanced cancer diagnostic and molecular imaging capabilities, as well as its advanced technologies for the manufacture of biopharmaceuticals and for cancer research. By the end of 2012, $335M had been invested, setting GE on track to meet its five-year commitment. To accelerate progress, and to help clinicians deliver better care to 10 million patients by 2020, the campaign against cancer combines the strength of GE’s portfolio of cancer technologies with the innovations born from collaborations with key partners.Industrial Internet
The Industrial Internet for GE Healthcare is about creating and enabling technology and services which can help improve the way healthcare is delivered to patients globally. With these technologies, GE Healthcare is enabling caregivers to spend less time navigating the system and more time caring for patients. Together, with the help of industry partners, GE Healthcare’s 3000+ software engineers and GE’s software Centers of Excellence, GE Healthcare will provide flexible and connected software, data and analytics so caregivers have what they need to help make more informed decisions on new health challenges they face every day. In June 2013, the Company announced it will invest $2 billion over the next five years to accelerate the development of innovative software for healthcare systems and applications.