Added value of working with GE Healthcare for your contrast media products
Our investment to continue to meet your procedural needs
We have invested more than $240 million globally in the past five years5 to increase our capacity to deliver contrast media, and we will continue to invest in the future.
Both our primary API production and secondary filling and finishing capacity increased by more than 50% from 2013 to 2018.5
Our commitment to meeting your supply of contrast media
Global demand for X-ray media products continues to rise, increasing by more that 20% from 2015 to 2018.12 We have strategically planned ways to help secure our supply of products
- 1. Grainger RG, Thomas AMK. In: Textbook of Contrast Media. Dawson P, Cosgrove DO, Grainger RG, eds. Oxford: Isis Medical Media; 1999.
2. Widmark JM. Proc (Bayl Univ Med Cent). 2007;20:408·417.
3. AImen T. Acta Radiol Suppl. 1995;399:2-18.
4. Greco A et al. Radiology. 1990;176:451-456.
5. Data on file. GE Healthcare Investment Data; 2018.
6. Marshall G. Radiography. 2008;14:128-134.
7. Gricar J et al. Radiol Manage. 2007;Sep/Oct:34-42.
8. Dhaliwal H et al. lnt J Life Cycle Assess. 2014;19:1965-1973.
9. Data on file. GE Healthcare Inspection; 2018
10. Data on file. GE Healthcare Contrast Media Demand; 2019
11. Data on file. GE Healthcare Quality; 2018.
12. Data on file. GE Healthcare Market Data; 2018