The Giraffe Warmer is a radiant warmer that focuses on providing a healing environment while making your job easier. It:
- Keeps the baby warm and you cool & comfortable
- Gives you easy access to your patients
- An innovative recessed heater design provides access during procedures.
- Lets you warm up the bed without dealing with nuisance alarms
- Turn Giraffe Warmer on well in advance so you know the bed will be warm when your patient arrives.
- Provides everything you need for resuscitation therapy
- Integrated SPO2 and T-Piece Resuscitation Systems allow you to access everything you need to deliver resuscitation therapy to high-risk newborns.
- Lets you do your job without disturbing your patients
- The patented Baby Susan* rotating mattress minimizes unnecessary baby stimulation.
- Gives you peace of mind with the support you need
- The Giraffe Warmer is fully supported with optional multi-year service coverage, technical support, and additional education and training programs.
GE Healthcare has received the Medical Device Excellence Award (MDEA) for the outstanding, innovative features of the Giraffe Warmer, which allow you to:
- Silence alarms without touching anything
- The hands-free alarm silencing feature lets you easily control alarms by simply moving your hand in front of the sensor.
- Weigh your patients quick and easy
- Weighing ill newborns can be a difficult procedure, but with our integrated in-bed scale option, you can weigh your patients at the bedside and easily chart daily weight trends.
- Adjust the lighting
- With dimmable observation lights and an integrated procedure light, you always have the right lights for your patient no matter what situation arises.
- Monitor your patients with integrated, full-color display
- A brilliant full-color display provides information about your patient in an easy-to-read format. In addition, full-color trends track your patient’s temperature, weight, SpO2, and pulse rate.
The Giraffe Warmer specifications include:
- Height: (adjustable) 193-218 cm (76-86 in)
- Depth: 119.4 cm (47 in) Width: 63.5 cm (25 in)
- Weight: Approx. 100 Kg (220 lbs)
- Footprint: 119.4x63.5 cm (47 x 25 in)
- Floor Space: 7,582 sq cm (1,175 sq in)
- Mattress Size: 65x48x4 cm (25.5 x 19 x 1.5 in)
- Bed Capacity: Patient Weight Up to 13.6 Kg (30 lbs)
- Bed tilting: +/- 12 degrees continuous tilt. Bubble level indicates level bed.
Giraffe Warmer product
Giraffe Warmer product
Giraffe Warmer product side view
Giraffe Warmer; nurse with infant.
Education & Training
The GiraffeCare* Clinical Education Program is designed to enhance the knowledge of caregivers about how the microenvironment promotes clinical outcomes and builds a stronger foundation for evidence-based "best practices."