- Highest NEMA sensitivity in the industry2
- Highest clinical NECR for clinical 18F in the industry2
- May reduce dose by keeping the technologist at the console3
- Significant reduction of metal artifacts with Smart MAR
- Enhanced patient care, comfort and satisfaction
- Large, scalable
- Up to a 30 percent improvement in quantitation accuracy (SUVmean) compared to non-motion corrected data4
- Up to a 67 percent improvement in lesion volume measurements5
- Avoid adding up to 11 minutes to patient setup time compared to an external gating device6
- Up to a 2x improvement in image quality (SNR)
- Up to a 2x improvement in quantitative SUV (SUVmean)
May reduce technologist radiation exposure and improve workflow3
Table positioning and landmarking from the console
Improved user interface
Easy-to-use PET exam reporting and retrospective reconstruction
Up to six minutes less radiation exposure per day9
Up to two hours of reduced radiation exposure per month
Up to 10 percent reduction in total scan time9
Scan two more patients each day
1Based on PET/CT sales and installation industry data from 2014-2018.
2GE Discovery IQ 5-Ring has the highest NEMA sensitivity compared to market leading PET/CT equipment. Market leading PET/CT equipment is defined based on IMV’s Medical Information Division’s IMV 2019 report as the manufacturers representing more than 90% of the US Installed Base.
3AutoIN may minimize the radiation dose to technologist and time spent to position the patient from the scanning room.
4As demonstrated in phantom testing using a typical and fast respiratory model, 18 mm Ge-68 spheres and OSEM reconstruction. Quantitative accuracy improvements are based on SUVmean.
5Compared to non-processed (STATIC, no motion-correction) data. As demonstrated in phantom testing using a typical and fast respiratory model, 18 mm Ge-68 spheres and OSEM reconstruction.
6Based on clinical practice at University Hospital Zurich, using 5-ring PET/CT with MotionFree and RPM. These results are for illustrative purposes only and represent specific customer experiences; actual results could vary depending on clinical practice and circumstances.
7Comparing Discovery IQ Gen 2 5-Ring to Discovery IQ Gen 2 3-Ring
8IQ Enhancement (IQE) may reduce helical artifacts which are important for image quality of thin-slice helical scans. CT scanners with this feature can accelerate its helical pitch up to 70% (e.g. 0.562 to 1.75, @ 16 slice) when acquiring the same helical artifact level compared with the same scanner with IQ Enhance disabled. This coverage speed is equivalent to that of a 50-slice wider detector CT scanner at same table speed.
9Based on results found at one Medical Evaluation site installation, Tata Memorial Hospital – India. Results may vary.