Digital PET that’s everything we promised. And more.
Designed for scalability from 15 cm FOV up to
30 cm FOV1
Engineered to achieve exceptional sensitivity per cm (cps/kBq/cm)3
First-ever digital respiratory motion management solution
Up to two times improvement in PET quantitation accuracy (SUVmean) with Q.Clear
Digital detection, remastered
Innovation in every layerOptical cover and EMC shielding
Light-tight packaging to reduce outside noise.
Crystal block wrapped with Enhanced Spectral Reflectors
Optimizes light collection to improve sensitivity and resolution.
Silicon Photomultiplier (SiPM) array with ASIC
Excellent timing and energy resolutions as well as Digital Compton Recovery with no resolution trade-off.
High thermal conductive pad
Extracts heat from the detector to improve stability.
Thermal base plate for alignment
Mechanical support for positioning and alignment.
Discovery MI Gen 2 is engineered to deliver
- A scalable field-of-view
- A 60 percent increase in NECR1
- Exceptional sensitivity per cm (cps/kBq/cm)
- A 50 percent reduction in scan time1
- A 50 percent reduction in injected dose1
What does one more detector ring give you? A whole lot.
See precisely what you need to see
Plan on making an entrance by leaving the room
Clear the way for clear images
- Up to a 30 percent improvement in quantitation accuracy (SUVmean) compared to non-processed (STATIC, no motion correction) data3
- Up to a 67 percent improvement in lesion volume measurements4
- Avoid adding up to 11 minutes to patient setup time compared to an external gating device5
Accurate data points to trusted treatment
- Up to a 2x improvement in image quality (SNR)
- Up to a 2x improvement in quantitative SUV (SUVmean)
A new generation of digital PET
- Optional works in progress. 30 cm AFOV configuration not for sale. Not approved by the U.S. FDA or any other global regulator for commercial availability.
- As demonstrated in a clinical evaluation consisting of 60 cases and 7 physicians, where each case was reconstructed with both DLIR and ASiR-V™ and evaluated by 3 of the physicians. In 90% of the reads, DLIR’s noise texture was rated better than ASiR-V’s. In 99% of the reads, DLIR’s image sharpness was rated the same as or better than ASiR-V’s.
- Discovery MI Gen 2 has the highest NEMA sensitivity in the market, comparing with common PET/CT systems with same or similar AFOV, (based on IMV’s Medical Information Division’s 2019 report as the manufacturers representing more than 90% of the US Installed Base).
- As demonstrated in phantom testing using a typical and fast respiratory model and OSEM reconstruction. Quantitative accuracy improvements are based on SUVmean.
- Compared to non-processed (STATIC, no motion-correction) data. As demonstrated in phantom testing using a typical and fast respiratory model, 18 mm Ge-68 spheres and OSEM reconstruction.
- Based on clinical practice at University Hospital Zurich, using 5-Ring PET/CT with MotionFree and RPM. These results are for illustrative purposes only and represent specific customer experiences; actual results could vary depending on clinical practice and circumstances.