X-ray technicians, also known as radiologic technologists, are medical support professionals who specialize in the operation of x-ray equipment. Before a procedure, x-ray technicians meet with the patient to discuss their medical history and answer any questions they might have. Then, they position the patient and the equipment in a way that protects patient safety, and they take images of all parts of the body that the doctor requested. Afterward, technicians may discuss the images with the ordering physician to determine if they are clear enough, or if more images are necessary for the doctor to make a diagnosis and/or develop a treatment plan for the patient. Between procedures, technicians maintain x-ray equipment to ensure that it is in good working order.
A Day in the Life of an X-Ray technician
- Age: Above 18 years
- Min Education: 12th pass(any stream)
- Gender: Male & Female both can register
- 4 Months Classroom, 7 Months internship.
- Examination after 1 year.
- The programs are full time courses (9am to 5 pm Mon - Friday).
- Entrance Test Followed by Personal Interview
- Registration fees: Nil
- Admission fees: 1500Rs
- Course Fees: Funding available.