"As healthcare is changing and evolving, there are some very key points that we have to stay focused on, The documentation needs to be clear, it needs to be concise and it needs to be data-driven. We are able to mine and abstract quite a bit of data out of the CPN system. It gives us the information we need. And because it is in a clear, concise, easy-to-use format, it keeps the nurse at the bedside.”
Chief Nursing Officer
Baylor Frisco, Frisco TX
Centricity Perinatal - Connect the Dots Video
Introducing Centricity Perinatal Fetal Strip Analysis
Centricity Perinatal Connect Module
Centricity Perinatal Connect Web Module
Centricity Perinatal Web module enables near real time analysis of the fetal monitor strip via the Web. This technology allows quick access to the fetal strip via a tablet from virtually anywhere — when and where you need it. You can view the strip, record a comment, and review annotations, whether inside or outside of the hospital. The module helps you increase your efficiency and optimize communication between caregivers, ultimately helping you to make faster, more informed decisions to enhance patient care.
- View the fetal monitoring strip via your tablet from virtually anywhere
- Review annotations documented on the fetal monitoring strip
- Record a comment on the fetal monitoring strip
- View near real-time fetal monitoring data for your patients
- Review historical fetal monitoring data for your patients across multiple visits
- View annotations made in Centricity Perinatal, Centricity Perinatal Connect module, or Centricity Perinatal Web module
- View documentation made in your HIS/EMR system and inbounded via a discrete interface to Centricity Perinatal
Download the Centricity Perinatal Web Infographic
Centricity Perinatal - Connect Module with Fetal Strip Analytics
Centricity Perinatal Central Surveillance
We reimagined the central surveillance experience. A fresh new visual design provides caregivers a modern toolset to monitor their patients at a glance.
Central surveillance is vital for clinicians in a busy labor and delivery environment. The multi-bed display is optimized around the workflow of the clinician who needs to quickly recognize potential areas of concern for a single patient as well as all active FMS within the entire unit. Central provides new visual and audible notifications to draw the clinician's attention to possible trends in fetal monitoring activity.
Innovative new features include:
- Enhanced clinical decision support with visual Fetal Monitor Strip Analytics and hi/low notifications
- Ability to prioritize strips of interest for greater visibility
- Scrollable strip review on screen with live surveillance for quick convenient assessment
- Dynamic display showing active fetal monitoring across multiple units
- Touch screen compatibility to give more data at the swipe of a finger
- New options for visual arrangement and bed configuration
- Results are unique to Samaritan Healthcare and do not offer any guarantees
- Rockford Medical System, Rockford IL. Epic post go-live survey, 2013. Clinical staff satisfaction 14% above Epic® national average. Centricity Perinatal integration cited as key to this success in post go-live survey.
- Oxford Anlaytica, December 29, 2011. Centricity Perinatal Healthymagination, GE Medical Systems Information Technology: ‘Clear Lake Improves Statistical Accuracy and Reporting Productivity.’
- Oxford Analytica. December 29, 2011. Centricity Perinatal Healthymagination validation https://www3.gehealthcare.com/en/Products/Categories/Healthcare_IT/Departmentals/~/media/Downloads/us/Product/Product-Categories/Healthcare IT/Centricty-Perinatal/Centricity-Perinatal-Healthymagination-Validation-Final.PDF Hillestad R, Bigelow J, Bower A, Girosi F, Meili R,
Scoville R, and Taylor R: “Can Electronic Medical Record Systems Transform Health Care? Potential Health Benefits, Savings and Costs”, Health Affairs, Volume 24, Number 5, 2005.
- Oxford Analytica. December 29, 2011. Centricity Perinatal Healthymagination validation. Estimated 15% decreased costs.
- GE analysis of 330 sites with HIMSS and Medicare cost report (2013) comparing total labor costs per discharge. $7,345.90: average labor costs per discharge. $7,345.90 x .15 (15% cost reduction) = $1,101.88 savings per discharge. $1,101.88 x 2000 average births/year = $2.2M
** The number shown on the Baby Ticker is calculated using an algorithm compromised of various factors to estimate the arrival of Centricity Perinatal babies, and as such, may not display an accurate day or time for the arrival of each baby. GE makes no representation or warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to the Baby Ticker, and specifically, does not represent or warrant that the information displayed by the Baby Ticker is accurate, complete or current. GE disclaims loss for which may arise from the reliance on or use of information displayed on the Baby Tracker.
*GE, the GE Monogram, Centricity and imagination at work are trademarks of the General Electric Company.
Estimated US birthrate is based on data from Centers from Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and applicable customer data.
General Electric Company, by and through its GE Healthcare division